Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I buy longer u bolts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sickquad, Dec 29, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to find longer u bolts for my 12 bolt axle. I need them about 7.5" from center of axle tube to end of thread.

I tried AutoZone, PepBoys and Summit all with no luck. Any ideas?

Are they all 5/8" thread?

-Chris

2. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

You should be able to get them at any suspension shop you would buy springs.
    Or a tractor trailer shop :thumb:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

u bolt info

i wouldnt use those cheep a$$ jap made part store ones. go to any leaf spring shop or tractor trailer supply shop and have them custom bent. if possible up size 1 size on rod from 1/2 to 9/16 you go from grd 5 to grd 8 . this is much stronger and with the length needed it will hold the tourqe much better. spring plates should have bigger holes already in them from factory.

4. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i got some from napa

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I've gotton them from suspension shops and napa.

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, went to Napa this morning and they will be in this afternoon.

-Chris

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

oopps--too late!

You can get them at Woodard spring in brockton MA,I think they can bend custom ones--also R.C. Truck Center in east bridgewater,they have buckets of U-bolts for various trucks(and they sell shackles,gas tanks,radiators,altenators,starters,brake and front end parts--their prices are very reasonable--they have body patch panels and fenders,doors,too)--last time I bought U-bolts there,they were only ten bucks each....hard to beat their prices-.....:D
    -I got 50 bucks off a radiator at autozone for my brothers car when I told them R.C. had one for 110 bucks,and they wanted 150 at autozone,so the "zone" matched their price--R.C. had a Modine radiator,and autozone had a china crap one,so I should have bought it from R.C. in the first place--but it wasnt my car or money--so I wasnt too worried about it!....:crazy:

8. WantedaDodge

WantedaDodge 1/2 ton status

Hey BA Blazer, Is your email down?

Been trying to get a hold of you about a rear window...

9. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I'm just going to ask you from now on Diesel, you always know where to get stuff around here. I seem to waste so much time tracking down parts. I never go to the right place.

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Glad I could help!

Hey, anytime you need any info just write a post here,or e-mail me(I think my adress is in my profile!)--I might even have something sitting in my yard you might need--and I'm going to scrap it all soon--I have a 73 K10 bare frame,3.08 front D44,12 bolt posi rear,springs,rims (got some 16.5 6 lug rims-rare!)a few th350 4x4 "rebuildable cores",a NP203 (condition unknown,but its complete,good for a doubler maybe) and lots of odds and ends...and I know what is in most of the junkyards for trucks in this area too(well,at least until the "crushathon" started last month--I'm betting all the older 4x4s got crushed when many yards started cleaning out last month when scrap prices shot up--not good news for us "old truck" fans....:frown1: :frown1: :frown1: