Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I find a pitman arm?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnnyFresno, Jul 21, 2002.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I am looking for an aftermarket pitman arm, drag link and steering arm for lifted applications. I saw the stuff at 4wheel parts but wanted to see if I could find them cheaper somewhere else Also they did'nt have a price for the pitman arm. Also if I get the drag link that was adjustable would I need a new pitman arm? I plan on going with 6" or 8" of lift.

Thanks

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

ive got 8" springs up front and im running a raised steering arm and 2" dropped pitman arm...its working out pretty good so far...

steering arm i would say maybe 60 bucks????? and the pitman arm will run near 75 or so

got my steering arm from superlift and my pitman arm from skyjacker

Later

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i have a dropped pitman arm for sale if one guy dosnt go through----look in the for sale posts recently for my name

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'd try to avoid the drop drag link. The way it is designed makes doing an alignment harder. Since it has the bend in it, you can't loosen the clamps and turn the sleeve. You have to disconnect one end of the drag link and then turn the end. I got my pitman arm from 4WPW for about $80.

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Dan,

I take it you haven't got your check yet? It's in the mail, really /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I bought my raised steering arm from 4WPW. I ran it with a 6" lift. When I went to 8", I bought a drop pitman arm from them. When I added a D60 to the front, I bought a dropped drag link from them. NONE of those setups are near the quality of performance that I get with crossover steering. Do it right the first time and save some money over doing it step by step like I did.

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

my bad /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif its sold-----i got mine from 4WPW

8. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Send 90blzr a PM. he might be able to get you a good price.