Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I find Polyurethane?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Jan 28, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

that I can make a couple body mounts out of and other stuff? Anyone know?

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

There is a place called "Regal Plastics" in Dallas/San Antonio that have any kind of "plastic" you could want. You can get it various diameter rods. I think polyurethane is molded rather than machined....so not sure if you can buy poly "stock" or not. A real man would mount it up solid....[​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</A>

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Polyurethane? It's available from Home Depot in satin, semi-gloss and gloss. [​IMG]

Ok, sorry.

<font color=blue>Boulder Sunday Camera:"How we feel about ourselves is the core of self-esteem"</font color=blue>

4. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

Laketex,

You may want to try an automotive glass replacement shop. I know the urethane they use to install windshields is fairly dense in consistency compared to other urethanes and silicones. When I worked at GM I used to on occaision install windshields. This particular urethane dries to a medium plus hardness. There were people in the dept and from skilled trades that were always using this stuff to make just about anything you can think of. I made a grommet for my radiator pressure tester because the original one started cracking and allowed leaking. Worked great. I first made a mold using plaster, then lightly sprayed the inside of the mold with water, then added the urethane. It took me 3 attempts before I made a good one. This was because I didn't let it cure long enough. I don't know the difference between POLYurethane and regular urethane, but here is a site that you may be able to find more info on this stuff.....good luck

www.sunray-inc.com/urethane.html

5. bennett

bennett Registered Member

Go to a boat dealership and check out the rollers used on boat trailers. They are molded urathane and can be cut to any thickness and are cheap. Check out the different hole diameters ....1/2 and 7/16 I think. I guess you could use hockey pucks too. Why not just by a set of poly body bushings........there not that $$$$.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

4wd Hardware(I know it is a Jeep place) sells a "stick" of Polyurethane or similar material that you cut to a specific thickness and use for body mounts. It is not that expensive...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the help guys...and wisecracks. Blue, you belong on the pirate site. haha.

The reason I don't buy a set is because I'm doing custom rear body mounts since I cut my old ones off with the rear of the truck. I want to do it like I want it...

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!