Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I find prices for used boats?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Midwestblue, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Midwestblue

Midwestblue Registered Member

Other than www.nadaguides.com, where can I find something to give me an idea of what used boats are worth?
    I'm looking for one and I would like to have some idea of what is a fair price or not.

Thanks!

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Scott Peterson has one he'll let go for a coupla bucks, or a pallet of condoms and KY Jelly......

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can't remember the name of the place, but IIRC there is a boat place in Omaha on "L" st.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

try asking on the forum over at http://www.iboats.com some pretty informed boat guys there..

tho i dont know much on pricing, i can tell ya what brands are POS's and whats good...

5. Midwestblue

It is an 1982 Sea Ray, 19 footer with a 350

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Yep, his dance card for the San Quentin Sadie Hawkins Day formal is going to be quite full.

7. Midwestblue

[ QUOTE ]
    Scott Peterson has one he'll let go for a coupla bucks, or a pallet of condoms and KY Jelly......

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I doubt his fellow inmates will play nice with him! My guess is that he will be in the infirmary within a couple of weeks after getting his ass beat in more ways than one!

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you called the marina and asked them who too contact about getting it appraised ??

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I doubt his fellow inmates will play nice with him! My guess is that he will be in the infirmary within a couple of weeks after getting his ass beat in more ways than one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Death row inmates are often safeguarded from regular prisoners from what I understand.

10. ryoken

well, SeaRay's are generally a quality boat. not perfect, but better than alot..

fit/ finish, quality gelcoat, and generally quality parts are a trademark of SeaRay. difficult to work on occasionally? absolutely, i've cursed their engineers many a time..

that being said, a boat that old may have some issues, including wiped out gel. another thing to be aware of is a boat that old may have a questionable fuel tank, may not, something to be aware of.. also, check the floor for rot..

not sure what drive that'll have, but it should be Merc drivetrain, which is good.. also, freshwater boats are highly desirable over salt, can't emphasize that enough..

around here, a 19 SR of that age, on a trailer, will generally run a couple grand for something a little rough, to maybe 5 for something clean...

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

12. Midwestblue

[ QUOTE ]
    well, SeaRay's are generally a quality boat. not perfect, but better than alot..

fit/ finish, quality gelcoat, and generally quality parts are a trademark of SeaRay. difficult to work on occasionally? absolutely, i've cursed their engineers many a time..

that being said, a boat that old may have some issues, including wiped out gel. another thing to be aware of is a boat that old may have a questionable fuel tank, may not, something to be aware of.. also, check the floor for rot..

not sure what drive that'll have, but it should be Merc drivetrain, which is good.. also, freshwater boats are highly desirable over salt, can't emphasize that enough..

around here, a 19 SR of that age, on a trailer, will generally run a couple grand for something a little rough, to maybe 5 for something clean...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two I'm looking at, just happened that both are Sea Rays, with small block chevys.
    One is a 1984 Monaco 207, 20 footer with V-8, mercrusier, open bow, decent interior.
    The other is the 1982, 19 footer, SRV 197, OMC outdrive with V-8 and really nice interior.

Both could use some work on the gelcoat to be really nice, but nothing bad.

I think I can get either one for around $2500, which seems like a pretty good price, they don't need anything to be water ready. NADA puts them both right around $3000 for low retail and $4000 for high retail.

13. ryoken

give me a shout if ya need any gel resto tips...