Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where can I find tailgate hardware?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mrprex, Apr 6, 2000.

1. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Here is my dilemma. My '88 K-5 tailgate won't open. The window comes all the way down and all that but I have a manual regulator anyway. I opened up the tailgate shell and the hardware that connects the rod from the release latch to the rods that pull the latches back is missing. I know I already need a regulator because my crank on the outside is broke and can't be locked. How can I can I find someone who deals in this hardware without having to pay dealership prices? I have looked practically everywhere and have located the parts through carparts.com but I am not sure exactly what hardware comes with the regulator and tailgate release assembly. Does anyone know if the rods and everything come with the release? Thanks in advance.

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I bought some stuff from a place in Noble, OK called Cheyenne Truck Parts I think. Anyways they have a big catalog and ship nationwide and I'm pretty sure they'd have what you need. I'm not sure if they have a website or not. I saw their ad in an old Hot Rod mag.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Cheyenne is great people, highly recommended.

www.cheyennepickup.com has their phone #.

Cheaper than OEM and nice folks.

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

4. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

I have a regulator and a new scissor lift for the tailgate window if your interested. I also have some used rods and inner handle assembly out of a rust eaten tailgate Let me know if your interested. Gary...

5. mrprex

mrprex Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I ordered a catalog and hopefully will be on track in no time. I will be putting a pic up on the site soon (hopefully). Mind you that they are "before" pics.