Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I find..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bronckelly, May 17, 2005.

1. Bronckelly

Bronckelly Registered Member

Stock 16 x 6 or are they 16 x 7 chevy wheels for my 71 k5? I'm talking about the white ones with the silver middle cap that came on 1st gen's originally. There are a couple of different ones, but i like all of them. Does anyone here have any to sell or know where i can get a new or used set?

Anyone?

BroncKelly

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You would get a better response if you posted in the parts wanted forum. Should be plenty of them rims in the wrecking yards and from private partys.

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

i thought 15s were stock

4. Bronckelly

Bronckelly Registered Member

On my original Vin# tag with options and descriptions, it has option # 1R61AS 650 X 16 X 6 Tires which would be 16x6 wheels....right?

BroncKelly

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

rare??

I've never seen 16's on an older truck like a 71 factory--seen plenty from later trucks swapped on--not to say they dont exist,but they must be a rare option!..(I've seen 17.5's on a few 67-72 trucks!)...

I have a set of 16.5 inch wheels,6 lug,from a 1970 GMC 1/2 ton 4x4 --they fit only drum front brakes --I did run them on my 72 K5 with disc brakes,but had to use a 1/4 inch spacer to gain enough clearance..not sure why I still have them--havent had a 4x4 1/2 ton 6 lug for at least 15 years!. :screwy: . :crazy: