Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I find...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rtrotter, Jun 16, 2006.

1. rtrotter

rtrotter Registered Member

Hello all, Noob here (to this forum, anyway). I am looking for some specific parts that I can't seem to find anywhere. I searched, but after about 50 sites, it's getting frustrating.

The first is a set of the inside rear trim panels, but I am noticing that instead of paying $450 from Classic Indusries, people are just making their own. Does any company out there have them cheaper? If not, they look pretty easy to make.

The other part is the crome-looking trim strip that goes between the upper door card and the lower door carpet. I have not been able to find this part at all. It may also be easier to find this piece if I knew an exact nomenclature. I tried searching for "Blazer door trim" and stayed occupied for hours.

Any help? Thanks,

Rob

2. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

LMC truck has a lot of stuff like that. A lot of the trim and metal stuff is reproduction though.

3. rtrotter

Yeah, I have a new and previous LMC Catalog, and a Classic Industries Catalog. I found the inner rear panels in the Classic Industries catalog, but they were $450--not happenin'. I can't find that chrome strip in either, though. Also of note is the stunning lack of old Chevy/GMC trucks in salvage yards around here. :confused:

4. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Rob,
    If you can give the exact year and style, I may be able to help you out, try and check the junkyards in your area, I've picked up some blue rear trim panels and they were in good condition, I also have extra panels in other colors as well (Bought too much junk on ebay) the hardest to find would be the cheyenne trim, I've noticed some members are looking for those as well, I hope this helps in finding what you are looking for.
    Mike

5. rtrotter

Thanks Mike,
    I have a 1983 4WD Blazer Silverado. I have a list about a mile long of stuff I am doing, so I've been browsing the "For Sale" section. Color doesn't matter, as I am already converting my red interior to black/gray. Are your parts listed in the "for sale" section.

Rob

6. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Rob,
    No, I haven't any items for sale at this time, I've just been browsing and getting information on D60s I've located, I'm also working on two blazers, my 76 and 78 that is why extra parts have accumilated, I'll see if I can get some pics up of the interior panels and some door panels that won't fit my truck due to the years' 81 to 91.
    Mike