Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I get a new lense for a Hella 500 foglight?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Dec 18, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I was pulling my brand new hella 500's out of the box yesterday and dropped one...on a tile floor. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Shattered the lens. I need a new one, where can I get it?

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

As far as I know you can't get replacement lenses. I've had my 550's broken several times by the neighbors kids. And there wasn't anyplace to buy new lenses, all I could do was get a whole new set, and make my neighbor pay for them each time. He finally caught on after the third set at $80 bucks each time.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You can get them, but they normally cost so darn much that its cheaper and easier to buy a new set. I priced one from Hella about 3 years ago and they wanted 62 bucks plus shipping. I ended up buying a new entire kit for 59 bucks + tax.

Sorry for the bad luck... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But look at it this way, you'll get a spare.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Track down Hella's Customer Service page and call them. I got a lense for a Bosch foglight for $20, shipping included. If they are available, the Hella CS people will be able to point you in the right direction.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

www.hellausa.com

I have a replacement lens for a 550. I got it on a trade along with the 2 lights. So they are available. Busting a 550 wouldn't make too mad but Busting my Rallye 1000's (no longer avaialble) I'd have to kill something.

[​IMG]

6. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Grim, what are those lights you have on the grill? ANd how well do they work for you? I need something similar for my van, it's headlights suck and I don't want to stick a set of 550's on it, I want something more powerfull than those are.

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Grim, what are those lights you have on the grill? ANd how well do they work for you? I need something similar for my van, it's headlights suck and I don't want to stick a set of 550's on it, I want something more powerfull than those are. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. Grim-Reaper

Rallye 1000. I guess the model that would be closest now would be the 4000.

They are the most incredible lights I have ever owned. The amount of light they throw down the road is nothing short of amazing. These are what the desert racers and European Ralley drivers run.

I'll see if I can get some pictures one night that can show what sort of light these put out over the stock high beams. Not sure if the Digital will be able to do it.
    I have the 1000's tied into my high beams and the 550 into the low. The head lights on that truck are worthless. I have never owend a vehicle that I was more dissaticefied with the factory lighting. When I got it I was out driving the lights at 45mph. It's better with the new Sylvania I put in it. I can stand them up to about 65mph on low beams. These are nowhere near as good as the Hella H4's I have run in most of my cars I have owned since 1985. Those will end up in my wifes Honda for the time being.

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I know what you mean, I went to composite lenses and 130w H4's for my Burbs low beams (JC Whitney), but I have a 94 G20 that uses the tiny sealed beams and those are alot worse!

I need something I can use with the low beams, I guess the Rallys may be too much even mounted low!?
    I looked at the 4000's on line I'll have to see if I can find some place around here that sells them so I can check them out first.

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hey Grim, the Hella H4's used to be available for the over/under style of headlight. I had them in place of the high/low main beam on my '87 Blazer several years ago. Do they not sell those any more? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I wasn't too crazy about the sharp cutoff on low beam with them mounted so high and both lenses cracked from rocks, but on high beams those things were awesome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Hella Doesn't list them on their site. Just large round and large square for two headlight systems.. I love that cut off. Aim them boogers dead level and they worked great. Never got flashed at all.