Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I get a replacement sunroof?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I've looked everywhere and can't find one.

Should my K10 even have a sunroof? lol. I've never seen another one with a sunroof.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No, it shouldn't have one.

Your choices are to silicone it shut, have a different, larger one installed, or have someone weld the roof back the way it was originally. More than likely whatever one you have in there now is no longer made and there are no parts available.

Surprisingly, the last option might be as cheap as the second.

3. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Well the thing is, the sunroof BLEW OFF going down the highway! haha.

I'm left with a gaping hole in my roof. Where can I get a replacement K5 sunroof? I'm hoping that'd fit.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats the point.. there is no replacment "K5" sunroof... they are just aftermarket sunroofs..

it all depends on what aftermarket brand and model it is... check the frame of it for any names or numbers... if not measure the hole and find another aftermarket sunroof of similar dimensions or slightly larger...

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Not sure how it secures, but you could go to a plastic place, and get them to make a custom replacement. will cost $$$ but should be fairly easy....

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

need one?..

If I knew the brand of yours,I might have a sunroof for you!..I got one identical to the one I had in my '72 K5 years ago--mine leaked like a seive due to dry rotted gaskets..the guy who gave me the one just like it said the reason he replaced it was due to it leaking some too,plus he just thought it was kind of cheesily built..but his came in the original box,and the gaskets looked much better than mine did..it's still sitting in the box where I left it 15 years ago,and I sold the K5 ,never got around to messing with it!..:doah:

I've seen a few trucks that "lost" the sunroof,and the owners used 1/2" plywood to make a new "window",or plexiglass,etc..but if you can find out what brand yours is,I bet an RV place or glass shop can order you a replacement one..I'll have to look,but I think the one I have is a "Jensen" brand...you might try looking in a junkyard,those aftermarket sun roofs fit vans and cars too,so don't just look only at the chevy trucks!..:crazy: