Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I get a reproduction door GVWR sticker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., Feb 25, 2003.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where I could find a replacement sticker for the edge of my door. This is the one that shows the GVWR of the truck. I need one for a 1 ton, dual rear wheels, 10,000# GVWR. It is an 89 but I don't think the year matters. If anyone knows where I could find one OR, if you have one that peels off alright, I could part with some green for it /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks,

Eric M.

eric@mannon.com

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I think either LMC or Chevyduty has them....well, I know one of them does just cant remember which.....catalogs are upstairs, and i'm feelin pretty lazy right now...I'll grab them later and confirm which one.

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

My lmc catalog is in front of me and I didn't see any of those in it. They seem to have every other freakin' sticker except that one.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ypu might be able to get one a the gm dealer. not sure though seems like if you restoring a truck they could get the one that you need. you might need to give them a VIN number.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone know where I could find a replacement sticker for the edge of my door. This is the one that shows the GVWR of the truck. I need one for a 1 ton, dual rear wheels, 10,000# GVWR. It is an 89 but I don't think the year matters. If anyone knows where I could find one OR, if you have one that peels off alright, I could part with some green for it /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks,

Eric M.

eric@mannon.com

[/ QUOTE ]
    Might try www.yearone.com They are starting to carry stuff for trucks. I know I can get any sticker for my 70 Pontiac from them.

6. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

yeah i want one too, you know one from a one ton, then i can lift the holy hell out of it and be legal /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Go check the 1-ton doors at the boneyard /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't see a door sticker holding any water with authorities. Better to leave it off and argue your "one-tonnedness" verbally. Basically it comes down to the VIN. Gotta have the "H" as the 4th vin digit to be legit.