Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where can i get a ROLL BAR

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Oct 31, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Aug 28, 2002
    i was wondering if any one had a source other than smitty built for roll bars or full cages. the local shops are insane around here. they wanted 750 to make a basic 4 point cage.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
  2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Smitty bilt is the only one I know of that sells 'em. What's wrong with the smitty bilt one? It's 2" od and 1/8" thick(schedule 90?, if I remember right), that's plenty strong. I used it for a good staring point for my six point cage I built for my all fiberglass body. Looking back though, I should have gone withe a custom bent job, because the smittiy bilt one is kinda far away from the dash and roof, and a custom job would have look a lot better and been less intrusive.

$750 does not sound bad for a custom bent/welded four pt cage. Got to remember, it takes time and work to make it come out right.

You want a cage, it's going to cost...one way or another