Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where can i get an exhaust kit?!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Kartoon, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Kartoon

Kartoon 1/2 ton status

does anyone know where i can get an exhaust kit for my suburban online? its a 1990. it doesnt really matter too much about single or dual, but it needs to be bolted onto the stock manifolds and i need to have a cat converter.

i dont know if anyone knows of places that sell all the prebent pipes without the mufflers so i can just buy a flowmaster and put it in there or something like that.

i know LMC has a dual exhaust kit thats pretty inexpensive, but none of the kits listed are for my year. will any of the other years fit mine?

thanks for any help you guys can give me.

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

try summit thats were me and my buddys bought all of ours . they are alot cheaper than LMC.

3. Kartoon

Kartoon 1/2 ton status

what kind of kit did you buy? flowmaster or another brand? or something to add whatever mufflers/cats you want to? ill take a look but some more info would be helpful. thanks man.

i looked and theres a couple on there that are header back kits. how hard is it to to change headers? its got to be somewhat easy with all the room in the engine compartment, that is, if all the bolts come out.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i orderd the summit brand exhaust pipes that bolted to the manifolds that way i could add some shorty headers later and bought a set of hooker aero chamber mufflers , it took about 20-30 min to lay it out under the truck get it were i wanted it tack weld it pull it out weld and finish bolting it up.

5. Kartoon

Kartoon 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help. it seems like summit has the lowest prices i can find.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

go to your local auto parts tsore and see if they can order you a universal 3" tail pipe (it is stock on a 88 to 98 truck) it is 3" and matches the stock pipe. i put it on my burb as duals and on my dads for a single. it's like $30 for the mandrel bent tube and then I added a stock muffler off of a late 80's van since they were 3" stock. bolts right up to the stock hangers with 2 cuts.

I'm doing single 3" on my 68 burb for easy of routing passed a clocked case.

7. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

jc whittney had a noname 3" kit for a hundred I belive. it was cheaper than the gibson I rember that.