Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where can i get D60 u-bolts............DANGER dana 60 experts only!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Mar 23, 2003.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I finally got my d60...seems my girlfriend played a little trick on me, asked me for some money quick(300) and bought me a dana 60 front. She covered the rest on her own(500) total for a rebuilt dana...how can i not be proud! NOW...

where can I order(online) u-bolts and the two bolts(what size are these?) for the spring perch on the passenger side.

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

and spring shop can make them, as for the spring center pin, which is maybe not what you are talking about, they can makes those too, but i just made my own with a grinder, a grade 8 bolt and two nuts.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can order them from ORD. Just call and ask Steve about them. Make sure the D60 she bought you is a chevy and not a dodge. They are a little different. The bolts you need will depend on the thickness of the springs you have on your truck. The actuall bolts themselves are 5/8" x 11 TPI, and these will come with the U-bolts when you order them.

4. Masher

Masher 1/2 ton status

I have a brand new set that I bought which are the wrong ones. My D60 is out of a F@rd and the ubolts are different, and I can't use the Chevy ones I got. Let me know if you are interested.

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i'm interested...mine is out of a 82 chevy..i'll pm you

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

is there anywhere I can just order them online without having to take the time and call in an order...

7. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

rancho ahs some, i dont know the link, but my u bolts are rancho.

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I reccommend the kit made by superlift. It comes with the two small Ubolts for the drivers side, a large Ubolt for the pass side, and two 5/8-18 studs (with nuts). My buddy bought this after I bought my kit from skyjacker. My kit has bolts instead of studs. Studs are far superior is this application. It is hard to get bolts started right if you are running degree wedges and you can easily tell if you have enough thread contact.

9. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What front springs are you running? How thick is the spring pack? I can give you a part number for the ones I bought from ORD so you can order them online without calling anyone, you just need to measure the thickness of your front spring pack to make sure they are long enough. The part number I ordered that worked on mine is #GU37051 and I paid $45.00 for them. Their number is 970-945-7777