Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I get longer Brake Lines & E-Brake cables?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Racefreak, May 22, 2002.

1. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

I need about 4" longer I'm thinking. I had an idea that Suburban ones may work. Any ideas? I was trying NOT to go braided SS, due to the $. Thanks!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I have never used theas guys but maby you can get an idea from there site <a target="_blank" href=http://www.inlinetube.com/>http://www.inlinetube.com/</a>
    Good luck

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Got mine from Control Cable. Do a search, their address and phone number is listed in another post (or search my posts, it's in there somewhere...)

4. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

Brake lines or hoses?

InLine Tube does a great job on cables and lines.

Most 4x4 shops sell longer hoses. They are steel braided but the ones I got from Skyjacker were the same price as rubber ones from NAPA ($70 for the pair). You can look in the illustrated catalog at NAPA under the stock hoses and it will list all the lengths with the same ends.

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Cable. They made my e-brake cables after I got rear disks.

6. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

Sorry I was unclear. I need 4 extended brake hoses, as well as an extended emergency/parking brake cable. Thanks for all the replys, I sure am glad I found this place!

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Ahhh. Dunno about the hoses, they handle all kinds of cable, good product, fast turnaround.

8. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.controlcables.com>www.controlcables.com</a>

Control Cables, Inc. will make any custom length set of cables you need. You need to know the cable diameter, the mounting boss diameter, the end to end length of the cable housing, and the inside dimension of the cable from one bead to the other.

Hoses are easy, since any good 4x4 shop should be able to supply longer hoses. BTW, you only need three cables, since the rear brakes use a single hose.