Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can I get wheel sheels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DPI, Dec 17, 2004.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I am looking for 20" wheels with the larger military bead. Anyone have an idea?

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

One piece wheels, two piece wheels, or double beadlock wheels?

One piece 20's- Mainly only used in Ag. applications. With as many hill jacks as there are in OK, there is surely an implement yard somewhere. Anything with floatation trailer tires like a spreader or fertilizer typically used the one piece 20's.

Two piece 20's- Used on nearly every old 18 wheeler. Find an old truck tire store and they'll pay you to take them.

Double Beadlock 20's- Standard equip. on a revamped 5 ton military truck. Surplus yards, gov. liquidation internet sales, and ebay are the best places to look.

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

John at www.stazworks.com makes 20" rims....I'm sure he has "shells" if that is what you are looking for.

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

My intentions were to by the 20" 1 piece shell or blank, buy a set ( or 2 sets, one for each side of the wheel) of 20" weld in beadlocks from DYI4X4, cut out the center of some stock split ring rockweel pattern wheels I have, and make me some beadlocks for my 395/85R20s.

If anyone has a better idea please let me know. If the cost of this project gets over $200 per wheel I may just go with www.stazworks.com double beadlocks.

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

John @ Stazworks had a BUNCH of 20" Shells when I toured his shop in Aug. That might be your best bet.