Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where can you purchase RV Camshafts Mine screwed up!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Jun 15, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

can't peel out...can't powerbrake...can't even do a 2 wheeled turn...(that third one was a joke!) Hesitates so bad its not even funny...takes ten minutes of having my foot on the accelerator to even think about driving...need one pretty bad. Anyone have any price ideas or websites or even know a store that sells them?

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

2. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

RV cams are just cams with a slightly more aggressive grind than stock. You'll be hard-pressed to actually find one called an RV cam. I'd suggest going to competion cams' web site & asking them for there recomondation on which Xtreme cam to run. They'll probably recommend Roller Tip rockers & new springs with their suggestion. The roller tips are optional, however pay attention to the springs as your current ones may not be able to handle the degree of lift that the new cam will run. Good new is springs are only about $60. One final note, it took them about 3-4 days to finally respond to my inquiry.

Rick
    86 K-5
    http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've got one of those Xtreme Energy cams in my 350 with a few other goodies. I love it. I think the number is 1-800-CAM-HELP for Comp Cams techline.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Comp Cams sells one called Comp X-treme 4x4. I run one in my 350 and love it. There are several to choose from, and dont forget new springs too. I bought mine from Summit, and I think it was right at 100 bucks.

Good luck !