Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where could I find one?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 19Jimmy87, Jul 25, 2002.

1. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

I do no wheeling, none at all. Even in winter, I stay in 2wd. How rare are the 2wd trucks? I love the look and the convertible aspect of the truck, I just don't need a 4wd.

2. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

you can find a very nice custom one at my house and it is for sale please buy it. check out pics in my webshots album

3. kiley

kiley Registered Member

Good luck finding one. They are hard to find unless they are already tricked out and way too expensive or require way to much work to restore (unless of course you are independently wealthy). Occationally you can find one on the classic cars part of Traderonline

4. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

I have a 4x4 Jimmy right now, but have no money to rebuild the tcase, it doesn't have a front driveshaft, and only has 10-bolts. I was trying to trade it for a 2wd around here, but he had the problem you described. He bought it for 1000, added 2500 and now he wants 3500-4000. I bought mine for 2000, did some home fabing, and still think mine looked better and was worth more. It is hard to let go once you get one.

5. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

I have been looking also for one (2WD), GM mainly marketed them in the South And Western states where snow and ice was not an issue. They are out there, just have to do some digging.
    I was informed recently that you can convert a 4X4 (73 and up) by switching out the front crossmember and putting the complete front crossmember and suspension assembly from a 2WD onto the frame, get the steering box with it I was told. "Captkoas" can tell you for sure on it. 2WD pickups are easy to find for the parts, if you want to do the work. Otherwise keep looking and good luck.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen them on ebay.

7. littlebubba

littlebubba 1/2 ton status

There's a real nice red one on ebay right now, if you do a search "Chevy Blazer". I wish I had a few more extra bucks to bid myself.