Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where did the oil go!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OLDSTEEL, Jul 23, 2000.

1. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

1000 miles 10qts of oil "HOLY COW". My 74 decided it liked 30wt better than gas, but I was blowing no smoke or fouling plugs??? I check all around for leaks and found nothing. I have not done a compression test yet, and think I might be getting fuel in my oil, fuel pump diphram maybe? The no leaks or smoke is part that has me stumped, 10qt you think you would see it somewhere. Does anyone have some a clue?

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

2. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I know someone has a clue out there!!!

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Could be blowing out breather cap on valve cover. If truck still has stock air cleaner could be going through hose that comes from valve cover into air cleaner. Had an 70 monte that used 1qt every 30 mi. and it was going out the breather on the valve cover.

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

My guess is the "breather-hose" from the bottom of your engine is clogged. I cant remember the right english name for it but the piston-rod's spinn the flyweel in this "house". There should be pressure equalizer hoses going from this "house" and into the manifoil. If they are not open the pressure pushes oil through the valve-seals and upp into your airfilter by the hose from the valvecovers. There it goes through cumbustion and will not necaserly foul your plug's or smoke. This explanation was no good but maybe I helped you alitle.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>