Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where did you get your 8-lug conversion parts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jms, Jul 23, 2003.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Where did you guys get your 8-lug conversion parts? Local Napa sez junkyard for caliper supports and hubs; rotors are no problem, and as I understand it the spindle is the same as my '85 as long as I get '77 or newer hubs. Any place I can get hubs and caliper supports new/reman? Appreciate the help, I'm getting anxious to get the truck off the jackstands.... thanks, michael

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I got a decent set of hubs and caliper supports from a local junkyard for about $50. Cleaned them, painted them, repacked the bearings and bolted them on. I'm sure you can get new from the dealership, but expect to pay quite a bit.

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I bought the conversion parts for my Dana 44 used from a guy on the Pirate board.I got the backing plates,hubs,rotors,and bearings for $200.All the parts came from a 10 bolt. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

i got all of mine off a guy on pirate but they are all screwed up so they are setting in my basement. i think autozone and advance autoparts sell new hubs but they are expensive.

5. jms

Just checked at the dealer, $441 for one rotor-wheelstuds-hub assembly, $96 for one caliper support.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Did you read the 6 to 8 lug conversion write-up and call the company that is listed in there?

I also see thebigdaddyof2 selling these parts every once in a while, that's who I got mine from.

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought my rotors at AutoZone for $25 each. They also had a hub rotor assembly for about $110. The backing plates can be a little scarce. I bought the whole front end from a junkyard for 3 bills. It hurt but I was tired of carrying two spares around. If you're gonna use 15" wheels buy some extra grinding wheels. As far as the calipers I used my 1/2 tons, the 3/4 calipers were bigger and wouldn't inside my 15" wheel. Now that I want to do the rear disc conversion they've dissappeared /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

well if you still have the 6 lugs rims and tires mounted you could just convert your rear axle from 8 lug to 6 lug...

8 to 6 lug kit

9. jms

Thanks for the replies. One reason for converting is that I WANT the bigger brakes (I learned that in Moab last year). I've got the new tires and wheels already sitting around (315/75x16 MTRs on 16x8 black rockcrawlers). The rear 10-bolt is out, and a D60FF w/ ARB and disk brakes is sitting in its place. Hope to finish the rear end (brackets for e-brake cables and the lines etc.) this weekend.
    I'll try Autozone, thanks for the tip; would prefer to go locally rather than BorderParts (the company from the write-up) in San Diego. I've got to get the truck moving again so can get the front diff changed over to 4.56.