Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where did you mount CB Antenna?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Citizen Rider, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I am trying to swap over all my cb stuff from my truck to my blazer. And i am trying to find a good place to mount my 5ft. firestick with spring. I dont want it on the side where it can get hung up on a tree or something.

Where would be a good place to mount it?

Ive thought about drilling hole through rear bumper on the drivers side, just to the left of the tailgate so it will miss it when opened, and run it straight through the bumper. But i looked behind the bumper and it looks like any rocks and mud that will be thrown by the tires will slam right into the wire and hookup that goes through the bumper. Will that be ok for the connection or should it be protected somehow?

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I've got duals on my mirrors. I've had them there for over 5 years now. My pass. side one finally broke off back in September when we were wheeling. I bought a new set off of ebay for like $20 or so. Here's the best pic I have right now of my setup. :D

Rick

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think you can buy CB antenna brackets for bumpers.

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

My problem right now is money is really really tight and im trying to keep it as cheap as possible. I know im going to have to get a longer coax cable for this cause the one on my truck didnt go back as far. Ive put 1000 into this blazer in the past month including purchase of it and ive had to put about 100 on credit card to get it moving as my daily driver. If i can find a way to do it myself it would really make things alot easier for me.

5. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I had the duals on the mirrors before, but they hit every tree branch on the trail, so I went to a single magnetic mount 24" stuck to the middle of the hood.
    [​IMG]