Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do I cut?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 18, 2001.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

If i wanted to go say 37X12.50 or 14.50.... w/ my 6in lift where would i need to cut the fenders... how should i cut em and how much should I cut them? Would thbis be a simple job? Or would it be tough and time consuming? I really wanna go 37s w/ a 4in lift actually. Who knows... would anyone be intersted in buying 5.5 blocks .5 adda leafs and and front 6" springs? lol. Thanks guys.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.11 gears, Lim Slip Dif, Force2 Catback, rear springs , Throtle body spacer.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I measured along the bottom lip of the fender behind the tire 6" forward from the door edge and using some masking tape and a flexible straight edge drew a line up to the arch of the fender. This is an aggressive trim job that will require some trimming or other solution for the inner fender well. That should be enough for 37's and a 6" lift. I have 36's right now with a 4" susp and 1" body lift and it looks like I might be able to get away with a 38...

Check out the project UAV link off the home page...my fenders are patterned off of Steve's.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 4" lift w/ 36's. I honestly think that I can run a 37 after I cut mine. The cut was simple. Took some time to try and make it look good, but it wasn't hard.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kyle89k5>My Pics</a>

Kyle
    89K5