Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do I find this bolt?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dabears73k5, Nov 24, 2006.

1. dabears73k5

dabears73k5 Registered Member

Ok, I am putting the final pcs back on my 205. The last thing I was putting back on were the two short bolt the retain the springs on the small bearings that go in the top of the case and rest on the shift rails. When i was putting on the last bolt i snapped it like an idiot. :doah: :mad: I was able to hammer an allen wrench into it hollow shaft that was theaded in and back them out that way. However i still need to replace this bolt that is hollow and the springs rest in. I can't find it at any autoshop place. I was thinking about finding a bolt the same size and drilling out the middle with a drill press. Anyone know where i can find this bolt or should i just drill it out?:confused: Sorry for the length run on, just want to finish this thing. Also it appears to shift and operate flawlessly, cant wait to put it on truck.

Thanks guys

2. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

call offroad design they might be able to help u

3. dabears73k5

dabears73k5 Registered Member

Thanks, ill give them a shot was hoping i could find somewhere closer, or if drilling out center with drill press would work. there is no stress on bolt and it is originally holowed in center

4. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

If they cant help try 4x4heaven.com they had the intermediate shims no one else could seem to come up with.

5. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

PM 1-tonmudder on here, he's got a bunch of 205 parts, and I'm sure he has these. If you have no luck, let me know, as I have a couple 205 parts cases, and can dig one up for you.
    Jimbo