Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do I find this darn thing? (Driver's door chrome trim piece)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblazer87, Mar 3, 2007.

1. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

So the interior in my '87 K5 Silverado is in damn near perfect condition (except for the stupid cracked brown dash), but there is one glaring piece missing from my driver's side door. It's this thing that is present on my passenger door:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone know where I can get this chrome trim piece for my driver's side door? It looks naked without it, especially after mounting the fiberglass speaker pods. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

Lmc truck.

3. bigblazer87

Yeah, I've already tried LMC Truck, Classic Industries, Year One, and Cheyenne Pickup, but I have no idea what this is called. So when I do a search for door trim, I can never find it. Anyone know what it is called, or have one they want to sell me? Thanks.

4. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i just threw one away that came on a door i had bought at a yard. theyre in almost every year silverado i think so just go to a yard and get one.

5. bigblazer87

Yeah, that's what I think I'll have to do. Thanks.

6. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

I've got 2 of those. I'll be heading through Sac on I-5 sometime tuesday afternoon and thursday afternoon, and again either friday evening or saturday morning if you're available to meet up somewhere. Trade you for a couple cold sodas.

7. bigblazer87

Wow, that would be great! I've got school during the week, so it would either have to be Friday evening depending on the time, or Saturday morning. But I'll have to see what's up and set it all up. My email is darrendias@comcast.net, so just hit me up with whatever time you'll be coming through here. I'm in Elk Grove off the Sheldon exit on 99, so we'll have to figure out a good place to meet. Thank you so much!

8. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Well I'm supposed to be in east Sacramento near 50 & Bradshaw at 6am tomorrow. Leaving back south down 99 at about 7-7:30am. I can bring them with me if you'll be around at that time. I had thought about stopping by The Gun Room over off of Grant Line on my way back but I think the don't open until 10am. I'll PM you my cell # and I'll also check my PM's before I leave in the morning. But I'll need to know if I need to bring them by about 3:30am! :wink1:

EDIT- no PM link for you so I emailed my # to you.

9. bigblazer87

Darn, I'll be in school at that time, cause I leave at around 6:30. My school is right by the Grant Line exit of 99 (Pleasant Grove High, off Bond). Do you know where Waterman is? There's an off road shop off Waterman, near Grant Line called AA-Fab, perhaps you could drop them off there? http://www.aa-fab.com/

Here's the map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=9911+Kent+St,+Elk+Grove,+Sacramento,+California+95624,+United+States&layer=&ie=UTF8&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.176833,81.738281&z=16&om=1

10. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Sorry, looks like I need to get back to Turlock ASAP so I'm not going to be able to do that. I'll be threw Sac several times over the next month so we we'll work something out. If all else fails I can just drop these in the mail to you.