Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do I hook this thing up at?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hunterguy86, Jan 10, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Ok my Oil pressure guage is fluttering all over the place, so I got me one to replace it. Where do I hook the pressure line up at? Its a mechanical guage bu the way.

This is goin on an 86 k5 w/ a 305

2. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Typically, it would go in the block next to the base of the distributor, where the factory electrical oil pressure sender should be. Pull the sender, and replace with the fitting for your new gauge.

3. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Is your stock set up mechanicle? Also was it a numbered gauge begore or just a high low set up or idiot light? This shouldnt matter tho if your new settup includes guage, line, and fittings to plug into block. It will be on block by distributor, tho Ive seen different fittings on different vehicles with small blocks. May need an adapter or something, may not.

4. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure if its mechanical or not. Its the stock, numbered gauge. If I had to guess I would say electrical. I dont remember seein an oil line when I had the dash out. I'll look at the dizzy tomorrow and see if I can see where it goes. Thanks for the input

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Look for something like this that threads into the block near the dizzy, there may be a wire connected to it. Take it out and install the fitting for the mechanical gauge in that hole.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006