Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where do I place my jack for my 6in lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblazer433, Aug 2, 2002.

1. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

where do I place my jack for my 6in lift on my 87 blazer
    I need to know for the front and the rear. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Are you talking about where to put it for when you install the lift? It's not a great idea to work on a vehicle that's just on a jack, especially when you're going to be banging and pounding on it. That being said, you're going to need a set of tall stands to do it, the jack will never go high enough to lift the truck from anywhere except the axle, and that just isn't going to work... I got a set of 10 ton Lincolns that go to 34" high, got them at Pep Boys. </font color>

3. bigblazer433

bigblazer433 Registered Member

i got jack stands but in the front the diff is offset and i cant get both sides to come off the ground at the same time

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Jack up one side put a stand under it the do the other side.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, what 70~K5 said... You can even jack it up under the diff, the right side will lift up sooner, but the whole truck will come up pretty soon afterwards. Only the suspension will flex for the most part, so the frame will still be pretty even to put the jackstands under it.</font color>