Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do S-series trucks rot out?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by BillyBob, Apr 2, 2002.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Well, since I've got a 350 just sitting at my house, waiting for a rebuild, I figure I aught to just throw it in a shortbox 2wd S-10. I have my eye on one that already has the motor ripped out of it. The only problem is that it's about 100 miles away. I'm willing to go tow it home if the body is good. What should I ask the guy to take pictures of?

2. CHVYPWR

CHVYPWR Registered Member

Rot areas: Top of the rear wheel wells, front cab mounts, front inner fenders, and bottom of the doors. There are more spots with the S-series trucks, but these are the worst areas to look at.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

rocker panels were both shot on mine, long with the tops of wheel wells as previously mentioned

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Is there a specific place? I thought the whole body rusted all at once? Hmm, maybe mine is just the exception. Haha.

5. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

The cab corners (lower rear of the cab and the side of the cab just around the corner from those areas)... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif And bedsides...