Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do the subs go?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TXsizeK5, May 5, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I just bought 2 10" pheonix gold subs off ebay in an AWESOME box for pretty cheap along wiht a 760w sony amp. But after hearing of all the theft and whatnot, i'm skurred to put them in my truck. I was thinking of putting them in an 01 maxima beuase they'll be in the trunk unseen and whatnot.
    What do you guys think? What could I do to prevent theft? I could bolt it all down, but i'd hate for windows to get broken, etc.

2. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I put my 15" in the back and strapped it down to the spare tire carrier. Then I got my back window tinted pretty dark. Plus my Jimmy is stock so anybody could look in if they wanted but it is kinda hard to see. Your K5 is lifted 6" so if you were to tint your back window, most people prolly wouldn't even be able to see it back there. In regards to getting your windows broken, it depends on how loud you play it too. When I pull into residential and commercial places I turn my radio down. That way people won't be able to hear the sub bumping.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more pics here

It could be boxed in the front, speakers mounted there, different hiegths for spare tire on top laying down, made narrow and have side compartment doors, bolted threw the inner fender wells, brackets screwed to floor, alot of ways to change it up, I have a combination of ideas for my project blazer minus the back seat, should have room to toss a sleeping bag ontop at night too!

4. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I like the way you built that box over the bed. Could you send me more pics with the lid open and what not and maybe some details as to how it locks when the top is off the blazer, what materials you used, etc. I am looking to do a similar project and am looking for ideas. zach
    zachy_man@hotmail.com

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've been trying to send an email with alot of pics (I'm on dialup so it slow), the first time it was too big for hotmail, the next couple the dialup kicked off and didn't finish. This my webpage, rebuild page 5, there are several there. I'll draw up a build illustaration and post it soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

my sub is easy to get in and out of my truck so when im at home i just take it in the house.But i also recommend turning it down when in the residential areas.Thats usually how people find out you have it.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I have a box behind my rear seat, with a tool box, etc. and between the box and the seat I have my subs, you cant notice there there because the subs are against the seat and the box against the subs. How I would do it is to put your blazer in the air, thats how mine is!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I used sound deadening material throughout the rear of the truck and even with the stereo at full blast you can not hear it outside except for a little rattle here and there. i have 3.5inch cat back though so thats kind of loud but not that loud most of the sound is kept in side. then i would suggest buying some window tint and then the cheapest and fastest thing ot do afterwards is to head down to the local materials store and buy a long length of material that matches the color of your interior and drap it over everything in the back you can't tell the difference. when the windows are tinted.
    king

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever thought of putting subs into what looks like a tool box? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I made a wood floor in the back of my blazer that pretty much covered the entire bed and was under the bolted in rear seat. Then for my subs I built my own box that was then screwed to the wood floor from inside the box.

I recently took everything out because I got new subs and need a new box. I plan on building some kind of locked lid to cover everything behind the back seat. The lid will then be padded a little and covered in vinyl. Of course everything I do to my truck takes me a very long time being that I'm a poor bastard.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I made a wood floor in the back of my blazer that pretty much covered the entire bed and was under the bolted in rear seat. Then for my subs I built my own box that was then screwed to the wood floor from inside the box.

I recently took everything out because I got new subs and need a new box. I plan on building some kind of locked lid to cover everything behind the back seat. The lid will then be padded a little and covered in vinyl. Of course everything I do to my truck takes me a very long time being that I'm a poor bastard.

[/ QUOTE ] You think everything takes you a long time ??? I lifted my K5 over a year ago, and I'm still rolling on stock tires. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. DOCKAWI650

DOCKAWI650 Registered Member

if you have them in your trunck and you have pictures of them bolted down, i hear that insurance will cover them if they are stolen and you have the pics

-Doc