Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do you get grade 8 hardware?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 5, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I got some stuff I needed at Tractor supply tonight but I need to get 3/4" bolts for my rod ends and figured I can do better than 3.88 a pound(one bolt and nut is over 1/2 lbs.). About to look on McMaster-Carr but any other good places?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

OSH, Lowes, Home Depot, ACE, True Value...

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

About 3-4 times a year those bolts at Tractor Supply go on sale for 33% or 50% off. I always wait for one of those sales, and stock up!
    I fyou just need a couple of bolts, you probably won't save more than a couple of bucks. Alot of places I see sell 3/4" bolts for 3-4 a bolt (not by the pound). There's places online that sell bolts too, a little cheaper than TSC

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmm may just get them from McMaster carr, not really a better price but they have 3/4x16 vs 3/4x10. I'd rather have finer thread count.

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

napa here is ok price and has decent selection

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Have you got a local Fasten-All rep? They have amazing deals on a fully stocked set of bins, AND they will come around ever so often and keep them full. I would have a setup like that if it were not so cluttered up in my shop already. So, I buy main-line stuff by the box at a local bolt store. Most areas of any size at all have bolt stores of one type or another, you just have to find them. We even had one back in our little town of Florence, AL where I grew up, so you should be able to find one fairly close. I never get stuff like that at HD or places like that, the price is at least 4 times what I pay by the box and twice or more what I pay for onsy-twosy.

7. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

i found my local fastenal to be similarly priced as my tractor supply company...TSC has better hrs and is rt by home depot and lowes so i head there first.