Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do you purchase your aftermarket parts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by zx672, Mar 13, 2004.

1. zx672

zx672 Registered Member

I am a newbie to this forum, so I hope I am posting this is the right area. I was wondering where do you guys buy aftermarket parts (mostly interior stuff) for your K5? I have browsed www.ChevyDuty.com and LMCtruck.com and their prices seem a little high. Anybody have any recommendations?
    Thanks

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

For factory replacement interior parts, those 2 places are probably your best bet..unless you buy used from someone

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There isn't a huge demand for interior parts, so the low volume seems to keep the prices high. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But for performance parts and such, a lot of boxes have shown up at my house over the years from www.summitracing.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

But for performance parts and such, a lot of boxes have shown up at my house over the years from www.summitracing.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the year i have gotten a lot of stuff from summit too. They are real close so i can drive up and get what i need and they have great customer service.

5. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

The only interior parts I have purchased are Guages. AutoMeter Lunar series Water Temp and Oil pressure so far) and I got them thru SummitRacing. Also got some engine parts from them. I plan on getting some seats soon, but I will be pulling them from a yard. Oh yeah, my flooring /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif is going to be Rhino lined. That's about all I plan on doing to the inside.

The good stuff (drive train, suspension and steering) came from all over. 4WPW, Rockstomper, ORD, MOO...

6. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Check Year One, they have some really neat stuff too......

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

ebay/motors....been spending a lot of time there lately.

8. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try www.absautosupply.com

For sheet metal!!

They are in Cleveland Ohio...
    but they have great pricing.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I've used most of the suppliers mentioned. All good places.

I just got a bunch more of stuff from JEG'S yesterday. I've always gotten great service from them but you need to compare prices. Sometimes they are a little high but if I can get everything for a project from one place it's worth it to pay an extra buck or two.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Summit, Jegs, Doug Herbert, Racing junk.com......