Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do you put a remote tranny filter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by funkycold, Oct 5, 2004.

1. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I am installin g new tranny and want to also install a remote tranny filter, but there is not a whole lot of room in the engine compartment. Unless I go all the over to thedriver side and back. Can they be mounted on the inside of the frame rail under the truck or should they be in the engine compartment?
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    there is not a whole lot of room in the engine compartment

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you nuts? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif There's so much room under the hood of these trucks it's insane!!

I'd suggest passenger side for easy plumbing, on the inner fender or down in the crevice opposite from where the charcoal caniser is on the other side.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I can install it where the second battery would go, but then I would not be able to install a second battery. I can also put it next to the windshield washer tank on the fender well. Is the extra hose going to adverse the flow of the fluid in any way?

The passenger fender well is a good idea.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Wix used to sell a magnetic tranny filter that was about the same size as a universal inline gas filter,it goes in the cooler lines---I'm fairly sure they still have them available--they had them for power steering too.Isnt too hard to hide one of them!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif