Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where do you think this problem is coming from...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NightRider, Aug 20, 2003.

1. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

Every now and then, maybe once every couple of days...which is pretty rare since I drive it as a daily driver all the time this happens:
    I'll be driving through my neighborhood, or somewhere not going fast. After I've gone through a stop sign and am excellerating to about 25/30 mph, my whole front in wobbles...deadly wobble right/left. It shakes my whole front end side to side, I slow down on my breaks quickly so I dont lose control, and then when i accelerate its gone. It's almost like someone is just shaking my car side to side up front, but as soon as I slow down enough to where I'm not going fast, it goes away and then I can speed back up w/o a problem for another few days until it happens again on a rare occasion. I need to replace the seal on my steering box because I have an extremely extremely slow leak, I wouldnt even call it a leak, but I wouldnt think that losing steering fluid would have that big of an effect....? Any suggestions?

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

not to sound like a real [I love Jeeps]...but try a search for "death wobble" or "dw"....need more specifics about the truck as well..

3. NightRider

NightRider 1/2 ton status

Funny, there is a post ab this right below mine, thx though> THX for advice on search too.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

How worn are your tires? Worn tires will cause that problem, along with a multitude of over stuff.

5. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happening after I installed my winch, I checked my steering box and pretty much every part in the steering until I found out that my rubber leafspring bushings were worn out which allowed the front suspension to have too much sideways movemont and also my front springs were very soft so I had an extra leaf added and it went away. I guees the weight of the winch was to much for the old suspension to handle. Even though you don't have a winch you might want to check the rubber bushings.