Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where does it stop?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Dec 7, 2006.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

The Gym JihadBy Janet Levy
    FrontPageMagazine.com | December 7, 2006
    A Muslim woman in Dearborn, Mich., lodged a complaint Tuesday against Fitness USA for an alleged civil rights violation involving a fellow gym patron. According to Jodi Berry, executive director of Fitness USA, Wardeh Sultan was praying in front of another member’s locker when the member wanted access to her belongings inside the locker. The inconvenienced patron tried to interrupt Ms. Sultan, but she remained prostrate in front of the locker and an altercation ensued. A manager was called into the locker room to intervene.
    Ms. Sultan later complained that the Fitness USA management was unconcerned about the humiliation she suffered when her prayers were interrupted. She stated that the gym personnel were insensitive, rejected her complaints and did not satisfactorily intervene on her behalf. Ms. Sultan further reported that the manager told her, “You have to respect her (the other patron), but she does not have to respect your god.”

Last April, at the Lincoln Park, Mich. Fitness USA location, 200 Muslim women signed a petition demanding separate workout times for men and women, or, at minimum, installation of a divider between the men’s and women’s gym sections. A screen was eventually erected to obstruct the view of the women’s facilities. Another Fitness USA facility recently revised a dress code to allow Muslim women to wear more modest dress while exercising.

Recently, Muslim cabdrivers refused to carry passengers possessing alcoholic beverages or accompanied by seeing-eye dogs. Last year, city public swimming pools in Seattle, responding to pressure from Muslims, instituted regularly scheduled hours for exclusive use by Muslims, including a “Muslim Sister Swim.” In June in a Chicago suburb, a Muslim girls basketball team, whose players compete wearing long, blue gowns and hijabs, requested that in competitions with non-Muslims schools, no men or boys be allowed to watch the games.

Countless others have immigrated to the United States without demanding that we change our society to meet their religious requirements. It’s unfathomable that an orthodox Jewish taxi driver would deny passage to a person eating a ham sandwich or a Jehovah’s Witness would deny service to a passenger carrying a bottle of wine. We have already re-engineered assembly lines (Tyson Foods and Dell Computer) and overturned a city noise ordinance to allow for Muslim calls to prayer. Squiggle graphics on Burger King ice cream cones were discontinued as they allegedly resembled the Arabic spelling of Allah. Under threat of a lawsuit, Nike recalled a sneaker with a heel design that was also similar to the Arabic configuration for Allah and built three playgrounds in U.S. Islamic communities designated by the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

I don't get it; you can't say Christmas or have a nativity scene, Christian kids can't pray in most schools, but practitioners of the religion that was behind the largest attack on American soil can pull this crap.

We truly have become a nation of neutered pussies.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

It's not a question of 'if', it's only a question of 'when' we take their a$$es out. When the West gets tired of their sh*t, we'll take'em out. Until that time, we'll just bend over and grab ankles

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Barak '08. Check out the text after the 2nd picture in this... (I'm familiar with the muslim concept presented, that's just the quickest I could google).

Respect is a double-edged sword. Our desire for respect has transcended common sense, and clearly it's being taken advantage of.

On the gym thing, you have got to be forking kidding me.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

go to dearborn MI. the largest congregation of arabic people in the USA..its a whole new world.everything is geared toward them.i sorta remember people coming into this country and learning the way we live. now we HAVE to learn how to act around them.:rolleyes:

5. boggerless

i'm not so sure about that.we will see?

6. boggerless

what happened to if i walk in your house i respect your rules?

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Mark my words, young man! History is about to repeat itself; again :mad: :( !

WWI, WWII, first Persian Gulf War, 9/11. They ALL under-estimated us. And look what's happening now...they're under-estimating us again.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Or we're underestimating them... An enemy within is much harder to destroy. Especially when you can't destroy them without half the country crying foul.

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

woah! back up there partner, Muslim cab drivers refused to carry passengers with seeing eye dogs????? I say that's ****ed up!!!!! they cannot help that they are blind, it's not like they chose that way of life like the Muslims chose their religion. that pisses me off :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[sarcasm]they did no such thing! they were born into it. :screwy:[/sarcasm]

11. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Interesting point.
    However, no one on this planet has the mentality like that of a pissed off American. IMHO if it gets nasty, I mean really nasty, we'll do what FDR did in WWII. We'll round them up and put them in an encampment just like we did the Japanese.
    BUT, I'm talking if those idiots start lighting off backpack nukes. And that's not science fiction either. We've had them since the late '60's.

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's what we started trying with Guantanimo bay (encampment thing), and the liberals are all freaking about it. If we tried that again, forget it, Kieth Olberman and John Kerry would be calling America despicable, and everyone in college and halfway left would be wholeheartedly agreeing... Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer would start "calling on" everyone to stop denying the bad guys their equal rights...

I think you're thinking of a pissed of *old* American... :D

BTW, I'm on your side, just throwing out a different perspective.

What frazzles me sometimes is when I hear people say things like "we need to stop being politically correct and start calling Muslim extremism what it is!" Why that irks me is because it's not Muslim *extremism*, it's just plain muslim theology! And everyone is calling it muslim extremism, so there's no political correctness about that. The stupid political correctness is in thinking that Islam preaches peace, and anyone who dedicates their lives to Islam will be peaceful. The danger in calling it Muslim extremism lies in that being a diversion, and allowing situations like the article above, where the muslims begin to infiltrate and apply Islamic law to public America. We're in danger by allowing that, because it's the groundwork for teaching our kids that it's ok to allow someone to invade your space out of a pretext of "respect".

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I hope you mean Ehud Barak and not the incorrect spelling of a man with 2 years of senate experience...

This bowing over for them is no different than what happens with everybody else in this country. Don't remember who said it, but it's good. "Welcome to America, where one jackass can screw it up for everybody else."

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Your question was "when does it stop". The answer is, unfortunately, "never".

15. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Same things were being said 100-150 years ago when the Irish, Jewish, German, Italian waves of imigration happened. It takes alot of movement within communities to absorb(sp) new people. The people coming here want to bring home with them and the people here don't want their homes changed. It takes time.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No, I meant Obama. My spelling has been really crappy lately, it's quite embarassing...

He was raised Muslim, in a wealthy family, with parents involved in a very bad government. Barack is from the Koran, meaning "he who is blessed by God" or something like that.
    If he runs, Hillary won't be a problem. But we'll be in trouble. My wife edumacated me on this the other night.

17. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Lets face facts. When we started labeling EVERYTHING in English and Spanish, we opened the door for every ethnic group in the US.

I say, go back to English labels and if you will not take the time to learn OUR language, get the hell out, and take all your cousins with you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the phrase ,
    "
    One nation under God", not Allah?????

Its time for the regular folks in this country to stand up and Slap the pee out of our ELECTED officials.

Everyone waants to blame the liberals, but the bottom line is they are the minority among our lawmakers, so the Republicans are going along with the program.

18. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Allah is god, just thier name for him. The prophet is the difference, they belive mohamed this prophet. He is the one came came up with their rules. Yaway(sp) is another word for the same god.

Refer to my last post.

19. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The Five Pillars and the "delivery" and interpretation of the Qu'ran might also be differences. A quick review of the history of the meaning and use of Jihad could be in order also. Don't over simplify, its a dangerous slippery slope.

20. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

Only refering to the name and nothing else.