Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where does this go?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnnieg, Jun 11, 2003.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

my 88 has a hookup of some sort on the driver side just laying on the intake manifold. It looks almost like a fuse in a flat, rounded off sheathwith plastic filling in between the terminals. In the same wire loom is a ground that goes to the alternator bracket bolt. I just noticed it when changing my oil and I guess it has been unplugged for a while. I didn't unplug it and can't find any possible places for it to plug into. Maybe a MAP sensor or something. thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Hard to tell from description, you have a digital camera to take a picturte for us?

3. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

If the MAP was not hooked up the ECM would be going nuts. The MAP sensor is on a bracket off the manifold and is flat and roughly 1.5" x 1.5" on the pass side.

Is the thing thats disconnected a wire or a vacuum line?

4. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

you know what
    mostliekey its a harness for an option thatyou dont haveon your rig. just a thought though dude
    peace luke

5. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

it is a wire that has like an insulating boot that creates a right angle to a twin-blade connector. It apparently isn't very important since the engine runs fine without it. I just thought of another possibility: could it run to the A/C compressor to activate the belt clutch? My compressor is shot and the tech might have disconnected it when he cut the belt off. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I don't know if there is such a connection to the compressor but it sounds plausible to me. thanks

6. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

It sounds like your A/C clutch plug. It should have two flat female receptacles and I believe green wires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif