Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where has Sled been, and what about....?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 10, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Been taking a hiatus from the lounge as of late. Started with needing to figure **** out and focus on work and money with the whole baby thing. And lately its just been... I don't know, a break? Anyway, about a month ago she had a miscarriage. So things just sort of worked out.

Work is going like ****. I'm still not making money. I'm making more decent hours more often(last week was only 18 hours, the week before was 36 though, this past week was about 34 I believe). I've really been growing to like what I do. I learn more and more all the time, and almost wish to continue being an auto tech, I just need money. It has really taken the same attitude I had when I started doing the job, namely, **** IT!! Just do the task at hand and make money off of it. Did a torque converter on a Montero that I took a bath on a few weeks ago, but I learned a bunch about monteros, so that was good.

That fabrication thing seems to have fallen through. I tried contacting him twice, both times he never returned the calls. I called him a while back and he said he was all ready to go and just had to line up some customer jobs that he had waiting. Then didn't hear anything for a month. Called, no response. Called again, still no response.

So I'm Lost at Sea at the moment. Ha...

EDIT:
    Oh and thanks to all you guys who offered advice and help with all the troubles I've had.

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hang in there Man it'll work out

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Right on man, sounds like you dodged a pretty nice bullet

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

glad to hear your getting your head on strate, what your addy? I ll send you the pleaser pack of rubbers lol

j/k unless you want them :D

keep ou head up stand tall, you'll spot land eventualy.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sometimes, when the time really isn't right, things seem to have a way of working out.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

YES! No baby!

Now go buy some cardstock and some mechanical pencils, art is a cheap hobby