Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where I have Been!!!!(Dblazer Update)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DBLAZER, Mar 18, 2002.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Well, a few of you noticed that I have disappeard for a while.........again!!!! I have been around, I just have not been posting. Work has kept me very busy. What little time off I have, Sat. and Sun. has been spent working on my Blazer, The Postal Jeep, The Bug, and the Scrambler. ROCKTEK Enginering has been very busy. We have been trying to get ready for the spring. Here is where I stand.
    The Blazer has been Bobbed. I took off about 34 inches off og the as end. I relocated the stock tank into the bed behind the seats. We sank it into the floor so it has only half sticking up in the bed. I pulled out my seats and we built a whole new elevated floor, complete with a center storage area that locks, and a rear storage area. I am gonig to be building the rear up with the same concept as the front, covering up the fuel tank, and adding much needed storage space. It is kind of weird, but now that I bobbed the truck, I will have more storage. The rear storage is also going to cover the end of the rig with the tail lights and liscense plate. I have not cut off the rear portion of the frame yet, but I will be doing so very soon. I am scrapping both the front and rear springs in favor of a 3 link set up both front and rear. I have not yet decided on the spring set up in the rear, it will either be a 1/4 eliptical or something even stranger..... A Mono leaf set up like the old corvettes used to run. It will be an inverted leaf spring that runs parellel with the axel. The top part will be bolted to the frame and the "eyes" will sit at each end of the axel. I have a "new" 14bolt for the rear of my rig. It is brand new, outof a 2000 one tone, complete with disc brakes. I am selling my old 14 bolt. Anyways, the front end will also be a three link but I am just running regular 'ol coils up there. Both of the axels will be pushed out , waaaaayy out. The rear will go out about 7inches and the front about 7 inches. I am trying to get my wheel base around 118" to 120". I pulled the whole front end off the rig this weekend. The hood, and both fenders. They will be scrapped. I am taking the front body lift out from under the radiator core support. That will lower the radiator back down two inches and will give me a better view over it. I am also going to cut the lights out of the front, so that only the radiator is left. BUT I will put the stock grill back in. I will just be able to see what my front tires are climbing. Oh YAH, I now have 42" swampers under the rig. UHHMMMM, what else.....OK, thats right, yesterday, I removed the AC and the Heater core so that I could mount my batteries up where the big black box thingy was on the passenger fire wall. (i think thats the ac condenser???) I have pics of most of this, and will try to get them scanned in for thos that give a crap.
    I mentioned also that we had a Postal Jeep. I has a Vortec V6 and a 60/14 combo. Along with the Atlass.
    Then there is the SCRAMBLER, that is getting treated to the 502 Big Block and two Rockwell front ends.
    The last but not least, There is the 1971 VW Bug. It is a tiny creature. It has a 460 under the HOOD!!! That goes down to the two narrowed Rockwell fronts. They are controlled by 4 King Shocks. The 18" Coilovers. It is a very cool looking ....THING!!!
    So there you have it, that s where have been. Like I said, I will try to get some pics up as soon as I can. See ya, NASH

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Gots to have the pics!

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I will get them up hopefully tomorrow!!!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yep, sure sounds like you have been pretty busy!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Must be hard to tackle several projects at the same time!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, we gotta see some pics!!!

6. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Hey if your going to scrap the fenders and hood, could you hook me up with the drivers side fender and the hood? I need a drivers side fender and hood and we were planning on coming down to the DFW area soon. I will pay you for them. I dont want to sound like some sort of a moocher or anything but I need them and we were coming down anyway. Thanks

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Trust me...you don't want Nash's fenders or hood. I've seen em up close and personal and they've been 'well used'/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Good to see you back Nash!

Rene

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Nash!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Wondering where yah been!
    Yes, We NEED PICS!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Good to see you again Nash.. and DAMN... you've been busy...
    Welcome back...

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Busy, Busy, Busy....Sounds like you got the 4 wheelin flu, your past the bug..sounds good lets see those pics

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds like you have been doing lots of work we want pics /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

You are more than welcome to the hood and fenders, BUT!!! he heh hehe , they are not in , ummmm, mint condition. Rather they are pretty ruff. But if you are going to be in the DFW area, you can arrange to come buy and see them and you are welcome to the. Let me Know.

I swear guys and gals, I will try to get pics up soon.
    NASH