Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is a good place to run my exhaust?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by patrickcampbell, Sep 8, 2003.

1. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

I currently have dual pipes running out the rear in frontof the shackles but below the spring. I am planning on getting taller springs and an ORD shackle flip so I need to find a new and safer place to run the exhaust where it is out of the way. ANY PICS OR IDEAS?!?!?!?!

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i used to have an exhaust system that went all the way to the rear. eventually i found it to be a pita every time i wanted to mess with the suspension... so eventually i just chopped it off right behind the muffler and put a turn down that sorta aims towards the side of the rig, but mainly downward. Works great so far and having it out away from the rear axle and suspension is great.

j

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

One of my tailpipes hits my rear shackle, I'm just going to make it a little longer. 90s behind the wheels is how I like it.

4. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Just put the lift on first and then see where you will be able to fit it. Dont do the exhaust before the lift. Also, another thing to keep in mindis if you run the pipes straight out the back, exhaust will come inside the truck while driving with the rear window down. Best bet is to put them out the side, or my choice, on a 45 degree angle pointing between the side and rear.

5. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i used to have an exhaust system that went all the way to the rear. eventually i found it to be a pita every time i wanted to mess with the suspension... so eventually i just chopped it off right behind the muffler and put a turn down that sorta aims towards the side of the rig, but mainly downward. Works great so far and having it out away from the rear axle and suspension is great.

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Also watch if your area has inspection turn downs will not pass unless you have a truck. A blazer is considered a wagon and the whole vehicle is a passenger compartment so the exhaust will have to exit either out the sides or rear. Cannot exit under the vehicle.