Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is a good trust worthy shop to take my t-case in AZ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Impex, Apr 26, 2000.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

I want to go and have my np205 looked at. Its leaking from were the front dshaft goes in at the flange and it just started when i did the oil change on it. Very little came out and i thought whoo over due..just bought the truck well now i know why it all leaked out!

Would it be a good idea to get it rebuilt?

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

4Wheelers Supply down on about 31rst St and Roosevelt....i would volunteer to do it but been workin way to much lately...put a NP205 in my 79K5 and will be puttin one in my 76 next week sometime...then there is the matter of the other 205 i have scattered right now....lol. More than likely do to age the yoke has a groove in it where the seal rides...once this happens the seal will not seal to well...so replace the yoke and the sel and you should be allright...they charge about $300 in labor to rebuild your case...bearing and seal kit runs about $150 and a yoke can go for about $35 at the dealer...hope this helps.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

3. Marlboro

Marlboro Registered Member

Well,

That seal is easy to fix, But I will find out another place for you (4Wheeler Supply is Pricy). Let ya know

Mike

4. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Don't buy at 4 wheeler supply! They will rip you off and won't fix the problem anyway. I can't tell you of a shop that I trust to do good work. That's why I do everything myself.
    CB

5. The problem with these shops is that they charge way too much! And you can't even see them do the work, so you don't really know what they did or if they did it!

It is best to do the work yourself, find a person that knows how to , or just pick up a Haynes, or Chilton's manual, and dive in. Any problems can be posted here for answers. You are better off in the long run that way.

My last experience with a shop? $75 for parts...$250 for labor!!! And they didn't fix the problem it was in for!

There is not a shop in town that won't try to break it off in someone. Sad but true.

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.