Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where is echobit??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blzn1, Mar 24, 2004.

1. blzn1

blzn1 Registered Member

Hey guys,
    I have been out of the loop for a while. I went to check out echobit (Mike D.) and noticed he went out of business. What happened? Is he still fab'n?

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

nope. From what Ive heard he's completely getting out of the loop. No more offroading or fabbing.

Nick

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

yep, he's gone /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

No more offroading?

Anyone know the story beyong he went bankrupt or something?

He was a really nice guy from how I knew him

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I dont really know what happend but I think someone said somethign scarded the crap out of him while he was offroading. It scared him so bad he quit everything. Now Im not sure about that I may be thinking about someone else so dont take my word for scripture.

Nick

6. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

he might have been a nice guy a long time ago but
    as of last september/october he went sour. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    and to top it off , theres alot of people he left hanging.
    i mean not even a kiss goodbye before he f@#ked us /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i am sorry for being like this , i just cant get over it.
    what i lost isnt alot , but add it up with all the others who lost. he was not just a business , but he was supposed to be a member here and a friend. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Nothing for you to be sorry about.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

no theres nothing to be sorry about. The guy screwed alot of ppl out of good money. If he wanted to quit fine but at least give ppl their money back OR make them a product.

Nick

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, he was always real nice to me too. We swapped many PM's talking about 400sbc engines. He gave me a lot of info. I was actually about ready to buy some stuff from him. Good thing I decided not to place an order then.

10. blzn1

blzn1 Registered Member

speakin of sbc400's , I gave him a rebuildable one and he was going to make me a set of his rock sliders. Oh well, anyone else picking up the slack?

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

" I think someone said somethign scarded the crap out of him while he was offroading"

like what?

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i dont know. I have just heard thing here and there. I couldnt tell you what it was cause i dont know.

Nick

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't give a [darn] what you guys say about Mike. He was a good guy. Just not a good businessman and went out of business as a result. That doesn't ruin his character, nor does his bad customer service.

His business had serious issues. I'm sure didn't want for it to turn out that way, but he never anticipated his parts would have the popularity that they did.

Too bad that all you guys ever remember about the guy were his ****ups of late. He was a good guy until all that bs happened.

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im not saying he was a bad guy. Everyone that i know that knew him in person said he was a GREAT guy. I havent met him yet so I cant say anything about his character.

Nick

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That wasn't just directed at you, but everyone that talks trash about him.

He just got in over his head and pissed a lot of people off.

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Why did he go out of business anyways? Im not familular with his product, what did he make?

17. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

he made all kinds of coolk stuff and from what Ive seen it weas quality. Suspension and armor stuff like that.

Nick

18. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    He was a good guy. Just not a good businessman and went out of business as a result. That doesn't ruin his character, nor does his bad customer service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Tim, but I have to disagree with you on that one....

Offering bad service....taking money without delivering a product or holding customers in contempt, are ALL indications of a person's lack of character and integrity.

You can't simply say that it's the fault of the business. In this case, Mike WAS the business...he had complete control and decision-making authority over how he treated customers and delivered the products.

If there was any REAL integrity, Mike would have offered to refund the money on all outstanding orders that he couldn't deliver on, and make a public statement/apology about the way the business was run. Pocketing people's money and walking away from the deal is NOT something that people of character do to their customers or friends. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I would have to agree with you Greg. It is very common for well intentioned people to start a small business and fail. In fact, most small businesses fail within the first year. A person might have great fab skills, a good personality, be very helpful and friendly, but no business sense. What separates the true class acts is how they deal with the failure of their business. If someone gets in over their head, and the business is going to fail, they have a choice in how they go out. With style and grace, or they can burn bridges and dissappear. What did Mike do? I guess only his customers can judge for sure....

20. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

not to HJ but what was that group that echobit was a part of? It was rock something. All the different small groups selling similar 4x4 stuff. Or are they gone too? Anyone know? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Nate