Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is everyone???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's nice how everyone who offered to help me with my lift kit when I got it have disappeared without a trace or any way to get ahold of them when I'm ready to do the lift... I'd love to do it myself, but I tried taking the bolts off the leaf springs and the darn things wouldn't budge... I'm gonna need a stronger person (two of the three people I'm trying to find) or the air powered tools that the other person has... and definately the garage which all three have, since it gets unbearably cold and windy every single time I try to do something to my truck in my driveway... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

If anyone sees the following people, force them to call me so I at least tell me they're alive, whether they are still willing to help me out or not:
    Bob, Jay, Tim... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Just eats your vitamins, suck down some spinach, yank on yer nuts and get out there and do it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif If only it were that easy... or quick... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

did mine by myself....what a fool i was /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Not enough room for a cheater bar?

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Going on two weeks with the lift kit in my bedroom... have emailed everyone a couple times and left at least two messages on answering machines for each person... hmmmm....

*you have now entered... the twilight zone...* doo doo dooo doo doo doo doo dooooooo

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

wtf is a cheater bar? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Carl if you don't know what a cheater bar is you probably shouldn't attemp to do it yourself... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. mountainexplorer

Are you serious? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

no, I'm joking...

YES I'm serious /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif please inform...

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

A hunk of pipe on the end of the handle for more leverage

Dude, I wish it was summer and I was in Cheyenne with my relatives, I'd sure come help ya

12. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Laws of physics/statics/mechanics, my friend. 100 pounds on a 1 foot wrench equals 100 ft-lbs. 100 pounds on the end of a 4 foot wrench equals 400 ft-lbs. Go get yourself a 4-5ft pipe that fits over the end of your ratchet/wrench/breaker bar. Now you have a cheater bar.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh and on that note, you going to be in Cheyenne for a while? I'm movinmg there in a year or so, will be visiting in the summer or sooner

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'm here till August 19th... then I'll be in Greeley, bout 45 miles south /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

ohhhhh I've use a smaller version of one of those before... quite nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. mountainexplorer

Now you know what it's called. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Carl if you don't know what a cheater bar is you probably shouldn't attemp to do it yourself... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I would have to concur, but then again, it's only a furd. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Gotta say that the one good thing about being in a club was all the help I got from one of the members whenever I needed it. Here's a hint for you and any others out there new to the sport. Any time anyone askes for help on thier truck, go help them out. Even if all you think you can do is get rags for them, go help. Not only will you learn a lot but you will also have them in what I call "Truck Help Debt". Get it? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I found Tim... but his parents freaked out when he asked if we could use the garage... something about it being built in 1956 and a lifted truck wouldn't fit through the door... and Explorer would have to be lifted about 4 inches at least to not fit through their garage door /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but whatever...

I talked to my sister's fiance... I'll have to wait 3 more weeks, but he'll help me out if I go to Sterling, Colorado... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ROAD TRIP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif