Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is my engine?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

talked to "my engine builder" today. (Family friend who has was a professional drag engine builder before dropping a cast head on his knee /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

From what I can tell I will have my engine by the end of next week... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Plus, I got my new exhaust in a box from LMC yesterday and should have my "new" (ebay purchased) 50-series delta-flow mufflers by the end of next week...

Then, two weeks or so from now I should be "getting" my 14bff w/4.10's

The best part is that my wife and I are trying to pack to move from Beaverton to Vancouver at the end of the month... so every time some new part shows up at the door she gets all perterbed because now there is "more stuff to move". So, tonight when I got my latest shipment from summit racing I told her: "look honey, I bought us another box to pack stuff in for the move" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I think I may have to sleep on the couch tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what motor are you building? I'm going to start my sbc400 build up in about a week or 2 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif i sucked a intake gasket so i told the wife if i have to take that off to fix it i might as well put a new cam in and if i do that i might as well put the 194 heads i have on and since its not a good idea to rebuild the top end and not the bottom end because the new top end could blow out the bottom end i need to put new rings and bearings in the bottom end so then i just re built the motor /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif so ill be going from a stock 350 to a built 406 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

beautiful... I am finally building the 415/430 350 that I have been saving for. Its only taken over a year and backseat to such piddly things like my wife losing her job, eating ramen for a month or two and selling the 2002 Avalanche... selling the house... bah... but I will have a newly built 350 soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif