Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is the A/C Blower Motor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dlaw36, Sep 15, 2005.

1. dlaw36

dlaw36 Registered Member

My blower stopped blowing. :mad: The A/C compressor is clicking on and off but no air is coming out the vents. Where is the blower motor located? Under dash or by the dryer? Is this the only thing that I need to troubleshoot or is there a relay of some sort that I need to look at?

2. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Passenger side of the engine compartment. Bolted to the heater box on the firewall.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Passenger side of engine bay , in the black box on firewall , next to the heater hoses . Replacement motors usually require a new blower wheel , as the factory wheel is splined to the motor shaft , and aftermarkets have a d-shaft and nut on the end of the motor shaft .

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

AC stuff I'm not real familiar with, but there is always going to be a power wire of some sort running to the blower motor. Make sure that has power before swapping the motor. You can also try tapping the motor case when the fan is in the "on" position, sometimes that will get them moving and indicate that it is failing.

5. dlaw36

dlaw36 Registered Member

Thanks, I will dig into it this evening. :waytogo: