Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where is the cheapest place for gears ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Sep 20, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

where is the cheapest place for new/used gears for diffs ? i have 10b front and 12b rear with 308's running 33 inch tires. my aim is 410's in both for better mg's as a dd. i just read a thread in the 4x4 section about trannys gettin' eatin' by imprpoer gearing and i dont want that to happen to me ! i definetly need cheap ! please help with source on line, mail order, or what not. thanks.

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4xHeaven quoted me $159 for a 4.56 thick gear set for my 14b. And that's a lifetime warranty. Same place also said $299 for a Detroit.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

4wpw is cheap but from what i've heard those gears suck, i don't know though.

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

4wpw is cheap. I bought mine from a division of 4wpw (gears 4 less) and they were $100 per axle with lifetime no questions asked warranty. They seemed like they were whining after install, but that has now been blamed on the dip$h!t that installed them /forums/images/icons/mad.gif , then again they don't whine anymore so maybe it was just a "break in" thing /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . If you want cheap, gears 4 less wins, but the cost of the install might make you choke. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info to you and all !

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I run precision gear. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif They're pricy but TOP OF THE LINE. I wouldn't run anything else.

7. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

I'll second precision gear. Yeah, you'll spend more bucks but its another "pay me now or pay me later" situation. Ask yourself can you afford to do this twice?