Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where is the cheapest place to get an IPod?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Guessing Ebay but how about a retail place? Just loading stuff onto one for my buddy and I kind of want one now...

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i want one too but i would rarely use it...so i cant justify buying one for the prices so many people pay

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah only place I can see using it is in the truck, and when I used the one my buddy loaned me for a day or two it was a huge pain in the ass to use in the truck. The headunits that have IPod controls built in would be ideal but if I remember right when I researched them, they only control so many songs. I think its a couple hundred, I have 2300 on my computer as it is, its only going to grow from here.

4. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

mind had a hardwire that hooks in the back of my blaupunkt head unit, they make them for many brands, you can use all your songs and sounds much better then fm module, i use it everyday so much better then picking through CD's. Oh yeah and it charges it too. Id say cheapest place is ebay, dont buy a used one though people are selling used ones for a reasons... i.e. got a virus on it and it doesnt work now.

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Use in the truck is prety cool, but I have a crap laptop with a 100gb hd in it(I have 68gb of mp3's) It works pretty well, with my audigy2zs card.

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Apple sets the minimum price for the iPod, and woe be the retailer who gets caught selling for less than Apple's set price.

Recently I was talking to the same guy at Radio Shack who couldn't get me a Nano at Christmastime... he said now they've got dozens, and haven't sold one since Dec.24. I commented that I'd have to keep my eye out for when they priced them to move to get them out of the store, and he confirmed the rumor I'd heard that Apple sets the selling price and does not allow deviation.
    Trivia: Garmin (GPS manufacturer) is the same way with their products.

7. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I heard hi pinions blazers are a great place to find free stuff. Try looking there. :D

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

OMG thats funny.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

try newegg.com... even if iPod has a minimum... none of the other mp3 players do. I say "**** the man" on this one... apple sucks.

j