Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is the cut off for North and South?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Esteban86K5, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I may be moving to Bakersfield in the next 9 months so now I'm kinda confused about where the line between north and south is. I figured I could just park in my driveway nose in everyday and put a NorCal sticker on my passenger fender and a So Cal sticker on my drivers fender. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

I know there are a few of you guys in Fresno, so are you gonna show me the good trails up in that area? I'm kinda excited to have those Sequoias and Sierra's so close to me.

Maybe we should start a Central Cal Big Dawgs /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Now frizzlefry will have a wheeling buddy down there,....

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you want to get picky.. We are central Ca. Just didn't sound good...LOL You could be one of those guys that goes both ways... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. Esteban86K5

I've noticed that Frizz has been WAITING patiently for someone to come down and wheel with him. He'll only be about 1.5 hours from me so I'm sure we can get some good wheeling in. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Dan......SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

5. gokartergo

Yep, Frizz needs somebody closer to him.. SSHHH I will keep your secret...Dan

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i am headin down this saturday to wheel with him /forums/images/icons/grin.gif time to go twist my drive shaft again..hehe

7. Esteban86K5

Yeah i saw that post about Coyote Lake. Where is that exactly?

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

not exactly sure.....HEY FRIZZ where ya at...he could tell ya /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

So where is our "Mason- Dixon" line at? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. gokartergo

We don't have one. It is up to the person. Which club they want to join. If I lived down in Bakerfield I would rather travel up here.. Hell it is a straight shot up 5 to anywhere up here.. But if you wanted to go south you would have to put up with there traffic.. It is up to the person...Dan

11. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Me, Friz and a couple other guys are in Fresno, there are some in Madera and surrounding areas as well.

12. Esteban86K5

Frankly, If I had been in Bakersfield this entire time, I just join you guys. But since I have wheeled with so many of the So Cal guys and have become good friends with most, I can't just leave and not look back. It's not that it wouldn't be fair to them, it's just that I couldn't give up those friendships. I'm planning on being part of both groups if that is alright with you guys. I'm So Cal's Secretary for the time being, but like i said above, this probably won't be happening till early next year. They still have to build my damn house for crying out loud!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. gokartergo

You are welcomed up here also... You going to open up a shop in Bakerfield? Are did you get a new job??

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I look at it this way, we are all the California Big Dawgs!
    So Cal has their gig and Nor Cal has theirs. Some times we mix and match, it's all good no matter who you wheel with!!
    As for "The line", I say we never make one! Hell we know how we are, well most of the time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I am also 1 1/2hrs away from Frizz but in the opposite direction on Hwy99 /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Welcome to the Central Valley, even though Bakersfield is the very bottom of the Valley /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Lots of sweet wheelin up behind Shaver Lake that Frizz is gonna show us! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Good Luck with your new home!

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I think either Pixley or Earlimart should be the cutoff. I'm in Visalia, but I'm just a poser stocker. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Where the hell are thoes places /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

17. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

got a speeding ticket on my way up north from bako a long time ago in pixley.
    btw, my brother told me a while ago that in prison, bakersfield is kinda the dividing line between north and south. socal considers anything north of the grapevine norcal.

18. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

We never wanted you anyway, we were forced to put up with you, go then, go to Bakersfeild, it was a nice 98 when i drove thru two days ago. Have fun. Oh and by order or the SCBD Sheriffs Dept. you are hereby fined for moving, and you must surrender all SCBD items. I'll be over later with the razor blade to scrape the stickers off your truck /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahhLMFAO too funny!!!!hehehehehe /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. Esteban86K5

Dan, when I move up there I'm basically gonna go back to school and learn some other trade. That's one of the perks of moving. We will be in a position where I can start from scratch and my wife will be home with the kids and we won't have a worry in the world. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif