Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is the nearest 4x4 Club to Boulder?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guido666, Feb 13, 2006.

1. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I just moved to Boulder (literally, flew in Wednesday, started work today, all I have is a bag of clothes and a laptop).

I want to get in touch with the nearest 4x4 Club (that likes fullsizes). Any help?

I have a '79 K5, 454, 40" Boggers. I think I'm going to pick up a cheap Cherokee until I can have my rig shipped out here (it's also my DD).

2. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Look in the regional section here. There are a few guys in your neck of the woods to run with. Otherwise, look at Colorado4x4.org. Mostly Jeeper's but a few fullsize guys on there.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:haha: This is great, you're offering me a great plug...

I'm actually the President of the CU 4 Wheelin' Club :D

It's for the most part a bunch of jeeps on 33's, but there's some built toyota's + nissans in there, and of course at least one fullsize (mine).

There's no big heavy hitters like you and your 454 40" monster, but hell if you're getting a cherokee you'de fit in just fine. I mean, all of the members are broke college kids, so it's no wonder that all the trucks aren't seriously built up. But Check out the website and bullitin board here http://www.colorado.edu/StudentGroups/4wheel

And sign up for the email list! I send out emails anytime we have an organized trail run or meeting.

4. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

B to C,
    Sounds good. I'm only 25 and just out of college. I'm looking to meet some people my own age anyways. So far I have spent lots of boring time by myself, it's hard when you just up and move somewhere new.

When is the next event/meeting going to be you think?

Are they going to have a problem with me not going to school here?

5. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i have a cousin in boulder with a 1 ton k5 on 42s, i dont think he does clubs though

6. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

I just don't know anyone here yet to go wheeling in a pair with, and it's obviously not smart to go alone (besides not fun).

7. rusty75k5

rusty75k5 Registered Member

I go to Boulder but it will be a loooong time before this blazer will be set up to do any off roadin. I could take the ram for now.....j/k:pimp:

8. B_to_C

Well some people are going out to Moab in two weeks for a couple days, but that's probably not what yo're looking for. The next trail run will probably be during spring break -there are always some people who stay around for the break and need something to do... (Our spring break is the last week in march).

And anyone in the community is allowed to be in the club...but only students can be elected into positions. Plus, if anyone has problems I can deal wit' em...I'm the PRES for chirst sake. :haha:

9. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

Sounds good, I'll wait to hear from the mailing list.

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Dont get too hard core or they will kick you out of the club. :surepal: The problems I have witnessed from the CU club had nothing to do with B - C, and hopefully have been cured by now since he is the new president.

11. B_to_C

Yea....there were SERIOUS problems just before I took over, the club was about to be dissolved and there was alot of anger amongst the members. That is basically why the club doesn't have any real hardcore guys right now...they all went their own way. Over the past year and a half I have done alot of work to foster a much healthier atmosphere for people at CU to go off-roading with the club no matter their truck.