Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where is the tan wire????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SUBFAN, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

'90 Burb, 350 TBI....

I would like to check the timing, but which wire is the one you disconnect? I see red and white, but no tan. One of the white wires coming off the coil is not connected to anything, is this normal, or WTF?

On another note, who was the retarded engineer that stuffed all that stuff around the dist. hold down bolt? Was he the same guy that hid the oil pressure sender on that funky adapter under the dist???? Talk about making an easy job more difficult - man I miss the '77 /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Tan wire for timing is on the harness just before the bulkead connector under the brake booster.

The loose wore at the coil is the Tach lead.

Yeah the Map sensor is a littl in the way. Not as bad on my 454 and the smaller diameter distributor helps make it accessible.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

The tan wire is located inside that big black wire loom holder that is behind the brake booster. Unclip it and all the wires are inside there. You will find the tan wire with a male/female connector. Just disconnect it and you will be able to check your timing correctly.

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Its outta the 4 pin connector on your distributor. Its tan w/ black stripe. Buy a disconnectable crimp on connectors so that you can easly disconnect later.

5. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

Darned engineers! I finally bought one of those spiffy wrenches to get to the hold down bolt. If you remove the MAP sensor from its bracket it is easier.
    Like Grim said, the wire is right below the brake booster and already has a quick-disconnect connector on it.

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the fast replies....That wire should be easy to find now, especially since all the sleeving just crumbles to the touch....

Gotta pull the cap and rotor again, it is having a clearance issue you can hear /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Looking down the dist. hole, this motor has all, if not most of the 310,000 miles on it, what a freakin' black hole mess....

Thanx guys /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif