Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

where should i go from here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, May 10, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

hey gang, been thinking alot about moving outta here...but i have no ideal where to go..so i took a quiz thing on the internet, and after answering a bunch of questions this is the list of places it says would be good for me to live. i figure that someone of my fellow ck5 brothers might even live in or around these areas..perhaps youguys can help me out. tell me what you know and think of these places..

anchorage, alaska
    palmer, alaska
    seward, alaska
    aspen, colorado
    boulder, colorado
    fort collins, colorado
    loveland, colorado
    colorado springs, colorado
    telluride, colorado
    leadville, colorado
    steamboat springs, colorado
    ogden, utah
    provo, utah
    great falls, montanna
    spokane, washington
    olympia, washington
    tacoma, washington
    kent, washington
    bellingham, washington
    cheyenne, wyoming
    jackson, wyoming
    idaho falls, idaho
    boise, idaho
    driggs, idaho

like i said this wa the list of places that t said would be good for me to live, what do you think, looking to start fresh :D

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Where ya at now?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Go Colorado... Fort Collins or Loveland if I have to pick from the list :D

Leadville is pretty cool too, but rather tiny... Short drive to Denver though...

Steamboat Springs I've never been to, but it looks nice... and expensive...

Fort Collins is about perfect. It's not a big city, but it's not a little ugly town either... Just the right size, but growing... It's right on the east end of the Rocky Mountains, the town extends a little bit (very little) into the mountains, but 20 minutes from anywhere in town and you're cruising around in the hills... Right near camping, rivers, four wheeling, whatever you want to do is in Fort Collins. Huge college town though, since that's where CSU is...

Loveland is pretty much the same as Fort Collins, but when I go there, I get the impression that it's more of an old retirement town... But still right by the mountains, and a short drive to Estes park which is a sweet town, and right by Rocky Mountain National Park...

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

right now i'm in Grass Valley, California

5. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

what do you like about fort collins and loveland?

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

just edited my post to explain myself :cool1:

7. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

wow fort collins sounds great....

8. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Well, I live in Anchorage, AK and spend a lot of time in Palmer. All of my mother's relatives are in Auburn and Meadow Vista area by you. If you are looking for something completely different from where you live it would be a good change. Not too much the same.

If you like snow and winter time you will be in heaven up here. However, if you are not willing to get out and do stuff in the winter you will go stir crazy. Snowmachines (snowmobiles) are huge up here. Hope you can handle 10 or 15 degrees with dips to -10 degrees pretty often. Couple of -20 to -30 snaps in the winter. The Mat/SU valley (Palmer and Wasilla) is windy quite a bit. Palmer is about 45 miles north of Anchorage. Small town feel. Growing like crazy. Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska with just under 300K people. Have the advantages of the city, also some of the problems. Housing is expensive- $150K will buy you zero lot line townhouse. However, you are only an hour driving time away from Alaska.

Summers are usually pretty good. Sometimes gets up to the 80's- usually stays in the 60's or 70's. Lots of fishing and hunting. Lots of daylight to enjoy as well.

Seward is a tiny little town about two hours south of Anchorage-not a lot there or much to do.

If you have questions let me know.

Heath

9. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

yeah, whats the going rate on rentals in anchorage?...right now i'm paying 550 for a 360 square foot one bed room house...

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

What site did you visit to take this test?

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

it was...findyourspot.com
    they ask you questions like do you like big cities, meduim or small towns, asks about your hobbies..interest ..like outdoor activities, measumes..airports.. it was pretty cool...

12. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

You will be lucky to get a one bedroom apt. for that up here. Figure $600 to $700 for an apt. in a decent part of town. Go to www.adn.com and go into the classified sectiont to check out what is available. Another decent source is www.apartmentbluebook.com. Stay away from Mountain View and Fairview - little cheaper for a reason.

13. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thanks for the tips..keep them comming guys

14. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I just plain like the Pacific Northwest in general. You actually have all 4 seasons and you are just a hour or 2 away from the ocean, mountains, valleys, deserts :thumb: