Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where the heck to put it?

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by 76_Cheyenne, Feb 17, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I have a Cobra CB and a 76" K10 and I don't know where to put the dang thing. Anyone know of any kind of mounts to mount it to the ceiling? Or so I can mount it to the floor? cause theres no place to put it on the dash.

Cowboy Up!

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Slap it on the end of your middle console. just my 2cents worth.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

hmm I think someone's confused... on a Pickup the best place is prolly on the ceiling... I don't know where to get the mount.. maybe Radio shack??

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

In the past I've put my radio's on the dash put then your older Chevy your dash has to much slope to it. So you could go to the tranny hump or on the roof. As for the mount I take it you don't have the on that came with your radio, If thats the case I would go to a truck stop or if you have a CB shop near by they would have one, Radio Shack does have some stuff to help out with the mounting
    Do you have a head liner in you K10? If you do I would take it down and put maybe some big flat washers or something to spred out the weight of the radio.
    If you don't have a headliner I would use some sheet metal screws at lest three of them.

Eric

<a target="_blank" href=http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/>http://cethern.tripod.com/erics-home-page-and-other-stuff/</a>
    AMSOIL Dealer # 529948
    Cethern@interfold.com

5. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Under the dash near the steering column or anywhere between the column and the middle of the transmission hump. Easier to access it in those places, etc, plus isn't really intrusive...

Tim

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My CB isn't a fullsize, but its not a small one either, and I have it mounted under the dash below the ashtray. The transfer case shifter clears the bottom of the CB by about an inch or so. I have also mounted a CB to the ceiling of a truck before. I just drilled threw the roof, and got some long bolts and mounted it. I used some washers with a rubber gasket type thing that I snatched from my dads work, and used some form a gasket to keep water out. The truck I mounted it on though was a POS so drilling threw the roof was no big deal. It worked great too.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas. <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo73>My K5</a>

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I mounted my Galaxy 99 to the front of my console. It's very handy, I can see the meter, and freq cunter good.