Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy 14bolt yoke?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I need a replacement yoke for a 14 bolt ff. Are there different ones? I believe it's off a 78 3/4 ton. And how much of a pain in the ass is it gonna be to get off? Thanks-Rusell

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Had to put one on when installing my 14BFF in my sub. Ordered a new one from http://www.ring-pinion.com and think it was around $75. (I miss my memory!)
    Wasn't tooo bad, but takes a LARGE socket. I was able to borrow one from local tranny shop.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, expect to spend around that $75 for a new one. To remove it, you need a press to press the pinion off the yoke. OR, use a puller tool to get it off if the pinion carrier support is still mounted to the rearend.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

I HAVE THE 14 BOLT STOCK 1350 JOINT ONE USED BUT GOOD CONDITION FOR 45$ AND ALSO AN UPGRADE 1410 WITH U BOLTS NOT STRAPS- 89.00 Jess

Owner of High Angle Driveline http://highangledriveline.com

5. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hey Russ.. how's the 76 Blazer coming along?
    Haven't heard from you in awhile...

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

6. Russell Keys

sounds like I might be interested in that. I don't need a u-joint though. I'm still running the small d-shaft and have to use a conversion joint. Where are you located and what would shipping be to 77340 ? Oh, is there a spec spline count that I need to know? Thanks-Russell

7. Russell Keys

Hey Charles. Coming along great. Still need to do some axle swapping and brake work. Can't decide on rear disc now or later. Other than that just small stuff. You know, nickel and dime you to death stuff. Hopefully this Spring I'll be able to get some windshield time in. -Russell

8. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

shipping would be cheap no matter where i am- but its california so i'd say about 12$ or so reg ups- i'd just make sure its a full floater diff out back and were done-Jess 530-877-2875

Owner of High Angle Driveline http://highangledriveline.com

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Send an email to grinkids@juno.com. I have ordered some D44 odds and ends from them off of ebay and they have the goods. Just tell them you remember them having some 14ff yokes on ebay (2-3 weeks ago) and wonder if they have any extras laying around. Right now that have 8-9 D44 yokes up on ebay ( I realize that wont do you any good ) but you can say you seen them there. Its cheap too, I bought an open carrier for my 4.88's for $20. I think the yokes went for around 10-15 bucks...