Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Where to buy a 3" or 4" lift for my first gen?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy_muscle, Jan 6, 2005.

1. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

Ok, I've read a lot of good things about the TuffCountry easy ride lift... but when I went to my local (North Dallas area) 4x4 shops they don't carry Tuff Country.

I would like to buy local if possible.

Also, I would really like to get a 3" lift instead of 4" as I want to get those Zero Rate 1" offset leafs from ORD.... and end up with a net 4"

If TuffCountry doesn't sell a 3" or I can't find TC locally, can anyone suggest a good option for a 3" lift for my 69 Blazer?

This is a daily driver and I would like a fairly good riding spring

Thanks

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I've been pleased with the lift components I have purchased from www.offroaddesign.com.

With a 69 closed knuckle Dana 44 you will need an adjustable drag link rather than a steering arm replacement to correct your steering. I do not think Tuff Country makes a 3" lift for our years. Do you have a CV joint on your front driveshaft? I had to have one added to mine on my 69 when I did the initial 4" lift.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

4. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

I should add that my blazer already has a 4" lift and 33s. I want new spings because the ones on it are shot.... but I already have the steering mod.

ORD is in Colorodo right? I was hoping to find a local retailer in Dallas somewhere. I would rather pay tax than shipping.

EDIT: Also, I would like to be able to tow a trailer with this thing in the future... should I avoid the easy ride for this?